Thursday, December 2, 2010

Where I am right now

How do I feel right now?

For starters, I’m physically tired. I’ve been working my butt off at the store the last month and it’s wearing on me. I need to get to sleep earlier, but when I get home at 7 each night, there’s so much that I want to do and talk or write about that I end up staying up too late to do it. Today is a welcomed day off, and I was finally able to sleep in for a few hours.

I’m content that my father has moved back in and things seem to be going smoothly between all four of us. I haven’t had any major blow ups with Mom, Dad, or Grace, and the parents seem genuinely happy. I know that there is still work to be done to by all of us to solve some heavy burdens on our hearts, but progress is being made, and for that, I am content.

I am proud of my sister. She recently broke things off with her boyfriend because he refused to come to church with us. He said it wasn’t important to him and that she was making too big of a deal about it. Hearing her talk about why they broke up was saddening to me, but I also saw a light in her, and I know that she is a woman of God. To have the strength and courage to stand by your beliefs at 17 years old and break up with your high school boyfriend because of them is incredibly mature and brave, and I am excited about having her at MSU next year.

I am excited about the coming month’s plans. I’m finally starting to get in the “Christmas spriit” and I want to get my family members something nice, but something meaningful at the same time. I want each gift to the 3 of them to be significant of the help and support they have given me over these past 6 months. I’m also excited about the trip I am taking to Asheville, NC for an Avett Brothers concert at the end of the month. Hopefully, this will coincide with a certain Bulldog football game in Atlanta the next day.

I am apprehensive about going back to school in January. I can’t wait to get back to the place and people I love and miss, but at the same time, I have been away and out of the loop for a solid six months. I hope that I am able to push aside all distractions and make school the priority it has to be in my life for me to stay in Starkville. I also hope that the relationships I value so much will continue to grow and blossom with God. I value my relationship with God and the people He has placed in my life above everything else, and I don’t ever want to lose those people again.

All in all I would say I’m at a good place right now, and it’s only getting better. I’m writing and reading more. I’m planning trips with friends, and planning on getting back to Starkville, MS, in order to study to become a writer.

Things are looking pretty good at the moment.

Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment