Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just some Updates.

Having just learned that my account is overdrawn by more than $200, I'm in nothing less than a foul mood this morning. It's not helping that the weather sucks and I just have no motivation right now. I haven't missed a class, I haven't skipped a homework assignment or just completely blown off a test, and yet I feel like I'm not getting anything accomplished. Couple that with the fact that being on the Ultimate team this semester is completely wearing me out, and one could see how stressed and tired I am.

The family seems to be doing alright. We had a minor blow up last Friday when I went home, but I think everyone has settled down since then. It feels good to get all of this down on "paper" and out of my head where it just swirls around and grows upon itself. I don't think Dad has been to church since Christmas Day, but who I am to judge, seeing that I haven't either? We have different reasons, yet neither better nor worse, for not going. He's hiding from the "embarrassment" he thinks will come upon him if he goes to church on a "normal day", and I've been either too busy, traveling, or too tired to go each of the last 3 Sundays.

As a result, I'm beginning to feel more and more distant from God and His Word. This is depressing to me, because in times of loneliness and broke-ness in college, the One we should always be able to rely and call upon is God.

However, I just don't see it right now.

Alone.

And all the while I'm single as I go about my day-to-day activities. I have no doubt in my mind that He does have a plan, but as I mentioned, right now I'm having trouble hearing that right now.

It truly is God's plans and my objections.

*rim shot*

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment