Saturday, February 5, 2011

Work and Results.

It's Super Bowl Sunday! Aren't you excited? I know I am. I can't wait to go to early service at Adaton and then spend the next 7 hours at Mitchell Memorial Library. No hype or build-up this year, just hoping that the Packers will win, but really not caring. Last year I had my Saints. I had my routine, my apartment, my chair, and my friends. This year, I'll probably show up to the party at 5 and not stay for the whole game.

The results, however, have been worth it. I got a 100 on my first test since April in Spanish I, and then a B on a test in the middle of the first "hell week" that I only studied one night for. The difference is just doing. Just going to class, just leaving the apartment and not kidding myself that I can get productive work done around my friends. Isolation is the only way for me to get anything done.

Now I need to work on the money aspect. I'm running out weekly now and I don't have a job or any influx of money outside of the parents right now. That has to change. I have afternoons "free", but I usually spend them in the library or just getting some peace. If I start working immediately after class and then having to go to practice after that, I'm going to run myself ragged.

And I'm only taking 12 hours this semester.

This whole "being responsible and working hard" thing is actually - hard.

Lots to chew on and think about.

Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment